AP and Honors Programs
Class of 2015 AP Scholars with Distinction
Class of 2015 AP Scholars with Honor
Class of 2015 AP Scholars
2014 AP Distinctions
98 out of 259 test takers earned an AP Distinction. Together they took 509 AP Exams!
33 AP Scholars: Granted to students who receive a 3 or higher on 3 or more AP exams 22 AP Scholars with Honors: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP exams taken and scores of 3 or higher on 4 or more AP exams 43 AP Scholars with Distinction: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least a 3.5 on all AP Exams taken and scores of 3 or higher on 5 or more of AP exams 4 National AP Scholars: Granted to students in the United States who receive an average score of at least a 4 on all AP exams taken, and scores of 4 or higher on 8 or more AP exams
Why enroll in an honors/AP course
According to the College Board:
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
· Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
· Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Stand Out in the College
- · Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- · Show your willingness to push yourself.
- · Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
· Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
· Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
· Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself.
Honors English 1, 2
AP English Language
AP English Literature
AP Euro History
AP US History
Honors Trig/Pre Calc
Honors Algebra 2
AP Calculus AB
AP Physics 1 and 2
Honors Spanish 2
Honors French 2
Honors Spanish 3
Honors French 3
AP Spanish Language and Culture
AP French Language and Culture
Honors Jazz Choir
Honors Jazz Band
Honors Chamber Singers
Honors Symphonic Band
What is an AP class?
AP classes are college-level classes taught at the high school. Through a successful score on an AP Exam, a student has the opportunity to earn credit at most colleges and universities.