California Scholarship Federation
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) honor society is Maria Carrillo High School’s chapter of a state-wide organization whose purpose is to recognize students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as well as service to the club, the school, and/or the community.
There are many reasons to become an active member of CSF. These include the following:
- Connection to the school through an extra-curricular club.
- Recognition for this involvement in the college application/admission process.
- Participation in community service projects
- Visitation to at least one college campus during the school year (e.g., Stanford, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, Sonoma State …)
- Distinction at graduation to those members who have been in CSF for four of six semesters (from sophomore to senior year) with one of the semesters in the senior year; this includes a special seal on your diploma, a certificate, as well as gold cords to be worn to the commencement ceremony.
There is a two-week application period at the beginning of each semester and students must apply based on their semester grades from the previous semester in order to qualify for CSF membership. If you meet the criteria outlined in the application and your application is approved, you will be informed with a letter delivered to you through your advocacy class the week following the application deadline.
For general information about the CSF Statewide organization, please visit the CSF website by clicking the link below:
Applications are send out each semester.
The google form must be completed by the deadline provided for the semester. Students must complete the google form using their SRCS google account.
For questions, please email Mr. Wallach.